Top 5 Baby Skincare Tips
There’s nothing more special than snuggling in to the smooth, soft and deliciously, milky smelling skin of our newborn. But with their hyper sensitive skin prone to dryness, itching and flaking your baby’s skincare is just as important as the rest of their routine.
To help you keep your baby’s skin smooth and healthy, I asked the lovely people from one of my favourite baby care brands; the organic certified Little Butterfly London, to share their top 5 baby skincare tips.
- Clean. To avoid the irritation that can come from bathing babies with standard soap, try using a scent free, natural product, such our Floating On Clouds Bedtime Bath Milk . Created with a blend of nature’s most treasured ingredients, this organic-certified bath milk features moisturising cucumber seed oil, nourishing buttermilk and comforting kernel extract. Vitamin-rich avocado oil relieves dryness and itching, while peach kernel and papaya seed oil gently hydrate.
- Moisturise. Just like adult skin, baby skin needs to be moisturised. Use a fragrance-free cream immediately after bathing to keep dryness at bay like Dewdrops at Dawn Body Lotion. Made with a blend of moisturising cucumber seed oil, cocoa butter and comforting oat kernel extract with hints of papaya, peach and apricot kernel oil to protect skin’s natural moisture.
- Protect. Protect delicate baby skin from the sun’s damaging rays by using a minimum SPF15 all over the body and covering skin with long sleeves, hats and sunglasses. (For my recommended list of SPF'S check out my feature on 'How To Stay Sun Safe This Summer')
- Soothe. The materials that keep nappies from leaking also prevent air from circulating, creating the perfect environment for a rash to breed. Soothe nappy rash with Soft As Moonlight Nappy Change Cream. This deeply nourishing and calming cream is certified organic and 100% natural. It effectively supports healing and protects your baby’s most delicate areas from excess moisture. With a blend of 18 carefully selected ingredients, such as mango seed butter, calendula and camomile, this cream not only nourishes skin but comforts and relieves discomfort.
- Prevent. Most babies will be born with infant acne, with symptoms usually disappearing within a few weeks, however it is important not to squeeze spots or use any lotions. Baby’s skin should also be kept clean and dry at all times.
Do you have any top tips on soothing a newborns dry skin? Share your tips below.